start equipment sessions
information for beginners + experienced students
Pilates Equipment sessions really are for everyone of all ages: men, women, seniors, mothers-to-be + new mums, as well as people recovering from injuries, athletes and performers.
Whether you are a complete beginner or an advanced Pilates practitioner, we request that you start with a private introductory session. Sessions are by appointment and can be booked through reception. Your first studio session always includes a postural assessment. Please arrive 10 minutes early for this session, to give yourself time to fill in the required medical forms.
For pre + postnatal Pilates equipment sessions, you can begin from the second trimester of pregnancy and please bring a doctor's note confirming you are able to start Pilates. If you have given birth recently, please inform your teacher at the start of the appointment. The session will then be specifically tailored for pre or postnatal phases. Read more about pre + postnatal Pilates here.
The studio sessions taught are as follows:
Offers individual attention to learn the basic techniques before going to small group sessions, or simply if you prefer a one-on-one level of instruction. We recommend that all beginners to Pilates Equipment start this way, especially if you are pregnant, have recently given birth, or have any injuries (60 minutes).
A session with 2 clients per teacher. You can start or continue Pilates with a friend, family member or colleague with almost all the benefits of a private session but at a lower price than a private session (60 minutes).
A maximum of 4 clients per teacher. Each client works on their own programme within a group environment, ensuring a high level of individual teacher attention and care (75 minutes).
*Please note, semi-private sessions need to be pre booked in pairs. A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for all cancellations. If one person cannot attend, the session will be charged at the rate of a £65 private session.
Information + tips for equipment classes
- Pilates Equipment sessions are by appointment only. You can request an appointment online or through reception (call 0207 483 3344)
- Clean socks or bare feet at all times please
- Please be on time for your appointments as it is not always possible to extend your session beyond the designated time
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for all cancellations
- It would be greatly appreciated, if you have to cancel an appointment, that you give us as much notice as possible so we can give your session to another client
- We are unable to give refunds