triyoga teacher training diploma
next course starts: June 2017 with Jean Hall + Mimi Kuo-Deemer
application: we now open for applications. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the enquiry form on the apply now page to download the application form and schedule of dates.
information event: saturday 06 may 2017 - open for online booking
application deadline: friday 12 may 2017
triyoga's yoga teacher training diploma, which is fully recognised and accredited by the British Wheel of Yoga, Yoga Alliance Professionals (Yoga Alliance UK) and the Yoga Alliance USA, is established as one of the leading trainings in the UK.
Our twice yearly trainings in London at triyoga Soho run in June and November. Trainings are 24 months long and comprise 390 hours of tuition, practice and study.
The in-depth programme covers asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, anatomy and physiology and includes a monthly mentoring and professional supervision programme to provide feedback, advice and support when you begin teaching.
For all intakes, anatomy and physiology sessions are taught by experienced yoga teacher and osteopath Chris Swain. Philosophy and meditation sessions are taught by acclaimed teacher Carlos Pomeda - providing one of the most comprehensive groundings in yoga philosophy of any teacher training diploma in the UK.
In addition, each intake has two lead asana teachers, with four fully qualified teachers assisting. The teachers come from different schools of yoga to give a broad perspective within a structured teaching syllabus. The teachers for the upcoming intakes are as follows
june 2017 Jean Hall and Mimi Kuo Deemer
november 2017 Anna Ashby and Joey Miles
june 2018 Catherine Annis and Kate Ellis
november 2018 Susannah Hoffman and Jeff Phenix
If you are interested in applying for an intake, we strongly recommend that you start attending classes with one/both of the asana teachers for that intake. triyoga's class schedule is available online.
The course is designed to provide students with:
- an embodied, self-aware knowledge that will enable you to teach Level 1 asana classes confidently and competently
- awareness of safe practice for both teacher and student through modification and sequencing of asanas to suit an individual's body
- self-confidence and belief in your ability to communicate and demonstrate
- understanding of risk assessment and first aid
- step by step guidance in designing a 6-week beginner's course that you can immediately apply in your teaching
- a thorough grounding in the history and philosophy of yoga
- insightful awareness of your own practice: both an acceptance of its limits and the tools to evolve an experiential foundation of yoga philosophy and how to integrate this into your life
- thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology and its application in the practise of asana
- practical advice on how to set up your own yoga business from people who already have
- an awareness of the issues that can arise for you as a teacher
- a professional and ethical framework from which to practice
On graduation students receive the following certification:
1. Certificate of Excellence from triyoga Education
2. British Wheel of Yoga certification
3. Eligibility to join Yoga Alliance Professionals
4. Eligibility for Yoga Alliance USA 200 RYT
5. Eligibility to register as REPS Level 3 (Yoga)